very good excelent efforts to serve to others persons. Mr balbir Malhotra is well Knokn Journalist of our state (punjab)
BY: jatinder sabharwal
SUBJECT: Noise, Air, Water Pollution and Shivering/Cracks in the walls of Residents Houses due to dustries
It is hereby stated that we are residents of Street no.12, opposite Easy day outlet, near kwality chowk, shimlapuri Ludhiana-141003. We would like to draw your merciful attention towards cited subject. All we are completely gripped with all pollutants like noise, air, & water emitted/released by Manufacturing Industries set up in the area of Street no.12, opposite Easy day outlet, near kwality chowk, shimlapuri Ludhiana-141003(Industries established in the last of street).Factory owners run their factories from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m even on week-off days. Moreover according to them no body can stop them even if they run the factories on festival days like 15th Aug, 2nd Oct, and 26th Jan etc. They have installed Big Power Presses & conventional old noise Addas which cause shivering/cracks in the walls & make a lot of Pollution like air, noise, and water oil mixed. Most of the Residents have become Heart/Hypertension patients. Factory owners threaten people by saying that they have taken the shelter/shield of Bureaucracy/Big Politicians. Their Labor teases the passers-bye & they peep into the residents houses. They are keeping industry garbage in the middle of street or put in-front of residents’ house. People vehicles get punctured everyday by iron scrap chips (Boora) etc. Whole Street has been cracked by the heavy vehicles used by Industry Owners. People life has become like a hell.
Please look into the matter personally & seriously
Hoping an early Action & positive response to provide respite for common man
BY: Mohalla Niwasi
My son secured an admission to MCA in SIES college of Management Studies, Nerul, Navi Mumbai. His MH MCA CET 2010 marks wre very good
(129/200 with 96.7% percentile). On the basis of his CET marks he got admission in the 1st CAP round itself. We have deposited the necessary fee, documents and certificates. His graduation, BSc (IT)from Mumbai University, result was declared later after he resumed his classes. Unfortunately he flunked in one subject. We have applied for photocopy of the answer book and it will be followed by application for revaluation. It generally takes 2-3 months for the revaluation result to be declared. But SIES authorities asking my son to produce his BSC (IT)pass result or cancell his admission by 28th August 2010 (Actual date of submission of graduation result is 25th September 2010 as per information brochure MAH-MCA-CET-2010)Failing which his entire fee will be debited and no refund will be made. In this circumstances how he can submit his graduation result when revaluation and the result will take 2-3 months. Why SIES can not wait till the revaluation result is declared and allow my son to continue his MCA studies (1st semestar)till then. After all we paid necessary fees ( Rs. 99000/- for whole year). I humbly appeal to Mumbai University that there be some arrangement with higher and technical education department of Govt. of Maharashtra to come to the rescue of such unfortunate cases. Otherwise Revaluation loose its meaning and the very purpose. If my son manages to pass after revaluation it will save him one full year. If not then he has to appear again and in that case I will not mind if no refund is made by the SIES college. This will help other students as well who are declared successfull after revaluation. In this connection I had gone Mumbai University and SIES college with similar request but so far with not much hope.
Please help me find a solution.
Practical guide to get your work done without paying any bribe.
Babus ( officers ) use difference tactics to fleece bribe. You can use following tips to counter those tactics. These are very simple & useful. I have tried and got wonderful results.
(1) Indefinite Delay : Keep on delaying your work until you come forward & offer bribe.
Solution : Don’t visit government offices. Follow your pending work through letters. You may send letters by courier, registered post or speed post. Remember local speed post costs only Rs. 12/-. Local couriers are available at Rs. 5/-. You may also use RTI Act to know status of your work. In this case you need to spend another Rs. 10/-.
(2) Demanding unnecessary papers : Sometimes they demand unnecessary papers & give hints that work can be done without those papers if you bribe.
Solution : If they can do your work without additional papers then those papers are definitely unnecessary. (i) Ask babus to demand those papers in writing. Record conversation. (ii) Write a letter that you demanded these papers. Are they really mandatory as per law? You can also use RTI Act here. (iii) Use RTI Act to see records if he collected those papers from other applicants or not. (iV) Whatever he demands, send by post. Never deliver without receipt.
Remember no officer will do any job without mandatory papers. He will keep his file perfectly clean.
(3) Pay lesser tax / penalties if you bribe. Many times they demand higher than prescribed under laws.
Solution : (1) Check laws if you can (2) Record conversation & threaten to report to ACB. (3) Check records under RTI Act to how much was collected by others under similar circumstances.
(4) When babu is not available in office.
Solution : Write a letter that that I came your office on 1st August at 11 AM but you were not available. Your assistant Mr. Ramaa Rao told me to come again on 5th August. This letter will make him take special care of your work.
(5) If nothing works, try this
When you don't have any option then record conversation , pay money & get your work done. After your work is completed meet that babu and demand your money back or threaten to complain.
(6) Develop the habit of complaining.
Whenever you see crime & corruption, send written complaints to head of that department, ACB / CBI, local newspapers & Jago Party.
(7) Don’t be submissive
Call babus by their names. Don’t call them "sir". Be polite & firm. Don’t show unnecessary respect. Be confident. Talk about RTI Act & Jago party, babus are always afraid of knowledgeable people.
These methods may sound unbelievable but try once to discover its efficacy.
Smallest action is much better than the noblest intentions.
BY: Deepak Mittal
CENTRAL INFORMATION COMMISSION
BLOCK IV, 5TH FLOOR, JNU CAMPUS,
STATE INFORMATION COMMISSION PUNJAB
SCO-84-85, SECTOR 17-C CHANDIGARH 160017
PHONE 0172 4630054
SCO- 32-34 SECTOR 17-C CHANDIGARH 160017
PHONE 0172 4630074
Due to domestic waste in park Please cleaning the park near gaushala Jamalpur , Ludhiana Thanking You
THE RTI DISPLAY BOARDS HAVE NOT BEEN
PUT IN THE VARIOUS GOVT. OFFICES AND OTHER PALCES COVERED BY THE RTI ACT. THE DISPALY OF THESE BOARDS SHOULD BE MANDATED BY LAW.
RAJ KUMAR AGGARWAL
BY: RAJ KUMAR AGGARWAL
Lucknow-based Aishwarya Sharma (9) has created sensational history by
becoming the youngest citizen ever to file an application under the
Central government’s Right to Information Act, 2005. A class IV
student of the Rajajipuram branch of Lucknow’s renowned City
Montessori School, Aishwarya’s application, filed on November 30 last
year, demanded an explanation as to why she and her school mates had
to wade through an overflowing garbage disposal dump to reach their
school. The application filed under s.6 of the Act highlighted the
danger it posed to school children and demanded action by the
municipality to shift the garbage site from Lucknow’s Talkatora Road.
Guided by her mother Urvashi, an RTI activist, young Aishwarya
describes the application process as a valuable learning experience.
“Now my entire class and even the whole school knows about the RTI
Act, 2005, and is aware that the Act can force people in government to
do their work,” says Aishwarya.
Prior to filing, Aishwarya wrote to chief minister Mayawati’s office
last October, with a plea for removal of the germs infested heap. When
she didn’t receive a reply, her mother egged her on to file her now
celebrated application under the RTI Act, dipping into her own piggy
bank to pay the Rs.10 fee that is mandatory under provisions of this
historic legislation. In her handwritten application, Aishwarya asked
two questions of the chief minister’s public information officer:
whether it was legally permissible to locate a garbage disposal site
near a school, and who would be held responsible if it became a source
of infection for children in her school.
In February this year, Aishwarya received a response from the Lucknow
Nagar Nigam (municipal corporation), informing her that the city’s
health officer and mayor had directed that the site and stench be
cleared. “Although the letter from LNN doesn’t answer my questions, my
entire school is delighted that the rubbish dump is gone. Instead
there is a public library with books, newspapers and magazines,” says
Aishwarya whose initiative has attracted a steady stream of
photographers and media persons to her home and school in the city’s
suburban Rajajipuram area.
Vidya Pandit (Lucknow)
BY: Vidya Pandit
This is an excellent article, thank you very much for it,
I have found here much useful information in
I want to know that is there any online system to get information under RTI ? because I live in Australia and really don't know how to apply & how to pay fee.
BY: Iqbal Singh
I have sought information under RTI from the
Controller of Communication Accounts Punjab Telecom Circle Chandigarh. The information that I
have required was about the detail of pensionery
benefit cheques of the pensioners who have retired
from 01/4/2008 To 29/3/2010.
I received a reply that such type of
information can not be supplied on the grounds that the said information can not be supplied
under section 8 ( J ) of the RTI Act 2005. My
appeal was also rejected by the Appellate Authority on the same grounds that such type of
information can not be provided.
I request the RTI Activists about their views on this.
BY: RAJ KUMAR AGGARWAL
i have not received bonous share certificate of Rs. 1500 from patel engineering company mumbai.i want to give application under R.T.I. act for getting my share certificate.
BY: pankaj vaidya
The Public Information Officer,
Police commissioner Ludhiana,
1. Name of Applicant Shri Paul Sharma
2. Address 809/2a, Prem Nagar, Bindravan Road, Ludhiana141001
Information from Police Commissioner, Ludhiana.
3. The particular in which the information is sought:
a. I Shri Paul Sharma address written above posted one letter to Police Commissioner Office on dated 15 April 2010 by speed post .Is this letter is noted in your daily mail book if yes what is the number of this letter.
b. If this letter is registered in your daily book what is the present position of this letter?
c. If any person who send such type of suggestion or complaint. Is this the duty of police dept. to take action? If, Yes. Have you taken any action against it?
d. Please inform what is the present position of my application, what action police dept. has taken against cheating advertisement in the newspapers?
e. Is this legal to advertise in newspaper to get three years degree in one year?
4. To the best of my knowledge the information sought does not fall within the restrictions contained in section 8&9 of the RTI Act 2005 and it pertains to your office.
5. This is to certify that I am Shri Paul Sharma a citizen of India.
6. A fee of Rs.10/-PIO attached with this application please fill it as your convenient in which account you have to deposit.
Place: Ludhiana Applicant
Date 09 -05-2010 Shri Paul Sharma
BY: Shri Paul
HOW TO MAKE RTI APPLICATION EFFECTIVE?
1. Use proper format if prescribed by state govt under its RTI rules, otherwise use format for central govt information available on this site. Details are also available on official website of respective state govts under RTI icon and also on website of Information Commission of the State.
2. Pay correct amount of fee by proper mode of payment as prescribed in state RTI rules. For central govt pay by postal order of Rs.10/- in favour of “Accounts officer ___________[mention name of organization to which you are addressing application].
3. Send application with fee by regd or speed AD post. Avoid submitting in person. Avoid courier also. Do not address in personal name of PIO. Use official designation as Public Information Officer [ PIO ].
4. Framing query is very important part of application. Do not ask questions as to why, when, who, whose, how etc. Instead ask for certified photocopies of records which contain the information required by you.
For example do not ask “why my application is not attended so far?” Instead ask “Please provide me reasons and certified copy of records containing reasons for delay in attending my said application”
5. Even if you do not desire to carry out actual inspection of records of govt office, make a request as under in the application:
“On receipt of information under this application, I intend to carry out actual inspection of records at your office. I may be permitted such inspection.”
6. If you are not very conversant with language of record, please add following sentence to the para at 5 above:
I may also be permitted to seek assistance of my relative/friend during inspection, as I am not fully conversant with the language in which your records are maintained.
7. Visit if available, website of the govt office, whose information is required and study RTI icon.
8. Do not waste too much time and energy in deciding which information can be asked and which cannot be. Just ask what ever you want. If you ask you may get, if you do not ask, you may not get. At the most PIO will say NO to your query.
9. Confine to one subject per application.
10. If you want large information, please submit application for few of them and once you get it, shoot another and then third application. This is costly and time consuming, but effective method.
11. Invariably seek names, designations and details of action taken by dept against employees/officers of the govt office who failed to process your pending request as per rule.
12. Ask for free copy of citizen charter of govt. office to be supplied with reply. You can know many things about that office.
13. Do not mention your phone/mobile numbers in the application, so that all communications are in writing. This helps in further appeals.
14. Be crystal clear, firm and to the point but at the same time be courteous. Give serial number to query and avoid essay type application.
15. Do ask for photocopy of file notings pertaining to your matter or application, even if you do not require.
16. If you know section of RTI act or decisions of CIC/SIC, which are in favour of your query mention the same at the end of the respective query as [refer CIC decision No.____________dtd.______or refer section _______of RTI Act. etc]
17. If you apprehend problem for you for asking information of sensitive nature which may harm powerful vested interest, please ask your relative or friend living in other state to file the application for the same information.
18. Provide all relevant information already available with you on the subject to PIO to facilitate early locating of records at his end.
19. If you do not know exact details of PIO, just address and mail to “PIO office of ________[mention name of nearest office of the govt dept having some connection with your subject matter of query] “
20. It is advisable to give back ground of seeking the information, though not required by the act.
Even at the end of non-RTI applications made to govt depts., mention as under, giving indication that you know RTI and if this application is not properly attended to RTI application may follow.
“RTI IS MIGHT OF COMMON INDIAN” or
“RTI IS 2 DEMOCRACY, AS AIR IS 2 MAN “ or
“CITIZEN IS OWNER OF GOVT INFO, OFFICER IS CUSTODIAN
BY: J P Shah
HOW TO GET INFORMATION OF PRIVATE ENTITY?
You can get information pertaining to private entity [private schools, colleges, coop societies/banks, private sector banks and insurance companies, public/private trusts, private service providers, public limited companies etc under section 2 [ f ] of RTI Act. Please follow this procedure.
1. Find out the government dept or government regulator with which the private entity is registered or is being controlled or monitored. For example trusts are reporting to Charity Commissioner of the area, mobile service providers to TRAI, private banks to RBI, insurance companies to IRDA, public limited companies to SEBI and Registrar of Companies. Coop Societies/banks report to District Registrar of Cooperative Societies. Schools are controlled by Dist. Education Officer and colleges by university. Majority of private bodies are controlled by one or the other govt. dept/regulator.
2. Locate PIO of this government dept/regulator, by visiting concerned website or referring to my blog / file titled “HOW TO LOCATE A PIO UNDER RTI ACT?”
3. File application by referring to RTI Rules for format and fees applicable to central govt. [for central govt. dept/regulator like RBI, IRDA, TRAI, SEBI, ROC etc] or concerned state govt. [if department pertains to a state govt].
4. Add following as query:
Particulars of information required:
Please provide me information as per annexed list relating to ____________having Head/Main office at __________________ from your records and also by obtaining from the said entity under section 2 [ f ] of RTI Act 2005, which is reproduced here under for your kind reference:
(f)”information" means any material in any form, including records, documents, memos, e-mails, opinions, advices, press releases, circulars, orders, logbooks, contracts, reports, papers, samples, models, data material held in any electronic form and information relating to any private body which can be accessed by a public authority under any other law for the time being in force;
5. Attach list of information required by you as annexure to application.
6. You need not contact the private entity whose information is being sought. Now you are concerned with the govt. dept/regulator only and its PIO has to provide you the information sought by you.
7. Govt. departments or regulators can summon information under different laws from private bodies and the same has to be supplied to you.
8. Information barred by sections 8 & 9 of RTI Act cannot be accessed under section 2 [f] also.
BY: J P Shah
I AM A SENIOR CITIZEN AND A RETIRED
BSNL PENSIONER AND I AM THE DISTT SECRETARY OF THE BSNL PENAIONERS ASSOCIATION OF BARNALA DISTT. WHILE SURFING THE NET TODAY I FOUND THIS SITE. IN MY OPINION IT IS A VERY GOOD WEB SITE AND IT WILL BE VERY USEFUL TO THE PUBLIC
WANTS TO GET INFORMATION UNDER THE RTI ACT.
I CONGRATULATE ALL THE ACTIVIST WHO HAVE
HOISTED THIS SITE.
I WANT TO CONTACT THE ACTIVISTS.
BY: RAJ KUMAR AGGARWAL
i want to file a rti application to district industries centre, chandigarh to know the current pending list of industries to whom industrial subsidy has been sanctioned but has not been disbursed till date, in amritser district. i also want to know about the implementation of letter sanctioned by the c.m. saying that the subsidy may be disbursed immediately to the shifted unit cases.
i also want to know so as till which date the sanctioned and approved subsidy be released to various industrial units in amritser district
I appreciate ur work as i am attached with Mr HC Arora Adv President RTI Activist Federation Punjab as he nominate me Distt President of Jalandhar unit.. Keep in Touch
BY: SANJAY SEHGAL
In India corruption and cheating has been spread all over in every department. There is no rules and regulations, No hearing, No justice, law makers break the law first of all.
There are open advertisements in the news paper regarding education, Do BA, MBA MCA, MCOM. in one sitting or in one year. You can contact with advertiser who has published his advertisement in the newspaper (Save years, Matric fail Do +2 directly)
You need not have to a course to get a degree. You can simply buy a certificate after reading advertisement in the leading newspaper. It is a big group of such scammers all over India they are always ready to provide you a degree within month with huge amount of money by cheating you.
When will you read in the newspaper classified advertisement to DO 8th fail +2 direct it means this advertisement is fraud with students and these advertiser do not publish there full address and only display mobile number in advertisement.
Giving advertisements in the newspaper to trap innocent students by promising them all sorts of degrees with charges 12000 to 45000 Rs/-. Several smaller rackets are believed to be still running in the every city.
Pick up the newspaper and call to any person who has advertisement in the newspaper classified column education. How will they provide you certificates without appearing in the examinations? Why not education department, CBI, Vigilance, local police take strict action against these advertisers who openly selling fake degree to the students.
In India especially in Punjab where this fake degree scam also enrolled students in the medicals and non medicals colleges and non attending seats in the Bed and D Pharmacy colleges with double commission.
Is the centre and states govt. will take appropriate action against these education advertiser scammers selling fake certificate to the innocent public.
Also take action against the newspaper owner who publish cheating advertisement in newspaper to earn money to fill their coffer..
BY: shri paul
Sub- Regarding Capital Unit Gain Policy of Bajaj Allianz
Life Ins. Co. Ltd.
I am old employee of Bajaj Allianz Life Ins. Co. Ltd. I
joined on Sept.2006, We were given training of all the policies only
about SALLING FEATURES of the policies and nothing was told that what
company will take Surrender Charges from the Customers.
One Policy was CAPITAL UNIT GAIN, started in Dec.2006
and we were told that this policy will be counted of value 100% in your
and branch\\\'s account. So sell this policy maximum. We promoted this
policy only to the Agents, to sell. After some time I came to hear that
this policy was banned by IRDA and so selling was closed in app.
SEPT,2007. IRDA said that this policy is not Customer\\\'s friendly and
there are huge hidden charges in this policy.
Sir, I am sending you some Attachments with this mail
taken from Internet regarding this policy. You also can check from
Internet yourself about this policy. One attachment is regarding its
DETAIL. There is clearly mentioned that on Surrender, company will give
100% of its Fund Value.
Sir, I need this that if Policy was banned by IRDA then
all the old Customers will also be given Relaxation in this policy in
Surrender and other issues for what grounds this policy was banned.
Sir, Now after 3 years completion company is deducting about 60% of
First Year Premium from the customers.
Please see the matter at priority, hoping for early
Jyoti Parkash Monga
Ex-B.M, Now customer
Bajaj Allianz Life ins. co. ltd.
BY: jyoti parkash monga